The Tom Kelly Athletics Track is located in Doncaster in Melbourne’s east.
The venue is named after respected athletics coach Tom Kelly, who was tragically killed in a hit and run accident in 2014 at the age of 80. The venue had previously been known as Rieschiecks Reserve and was established in 1977. Floodlighting was added to the venue in 1993.
The venue was most recently resurfaced in May 2022 with a Rekortan M surface.
The circles for hammer and discus are located on land adjacent to the top bend of the track.
The track hosted the 2009 Australian All School Championships and the 2014 Victorian 5000m titles, as well as regularly hosting Athletics Victoria’s Shield Competition and Victorian Milers Club events.
The venue is managed by the City of Manningham.
The venue does not meet World Athletics Class 2 certification due to the fact that the ‘track radius (32.01m) is too small to meet the WA standard for 200m & 400m. That said any track performance should be recognised as there is no assistance to athletes.‘ Additionally, the hammer landing area is only certified for national level competition. Further information is available in the full facility measurement report and accompanying documentation.
The following spikes are most suitable to use at this venue:
- Traditional OwnerWurundjeri
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- FacilitiesTrack Length: 400mNumber of lanes - circular: 8Number of Lanes - Straight: 12Water Jump: Yes - internalLong Jump Pits: 4High Jump Fans: 1Pole Vault Pits: 2Discus Circles: 1Shot Put Circles: 3Javelin Runways: 1Hammer Circles: 1Lighting: YesSeating: Terraced concrete covered by shade sails
- Help Us
Help us improve the information about this track using the form on this page.
Do you know?
- What was the track's original surface?
- When the track was last resurfaced? With what product?
- If the track can be accessed by the public? At what hours?
- What parking is available near the track?
- Any other information of note?