Olympic Park Oval is located on the site of Melbourne’s former Olympic Park track, which was demolished in 2011.
Olympic Park Stadium was the spiritual home of Australian athletics from its opening as a training venue for the 1956 Olympics, until its last meet, the 2011 Australian Championships.
The oval that replaced it was opened in 2013 and is primarily used as an AFL training ground for Collingwood Football Club. Around the perimeter of the oval is a two lane Rekortan track. The oval track is approximately 507m in length and features three non-standard width lanes.
The venue is accessible by the public outside of Collingwood’s training times. It is managed by the Melbourne & Olympic Park Trust.
Adjacent to the oval is a statue commemorating a famous moment from the 1956 Australian Championships at Olympic Park, where John Landy stopped to help from the track the fallen Ron Clarke. Landy would go on to win the race in front of a 22,000 strong crowd.
The following spikes are most suitable to use at this venue:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- FacilitiesTrack Length: 507mNumber of lanes - circular: 3Number of Lanes - Straight: 1Water Jump: NoLong Jump Pits: 0High Jump Fans: 0Pole Vault Pits: 0Discus Circles: 0Shot Put Circles: 0Javelin Runways: 0Hammer Circles: 0Lighting: Yes